Wednesday 30 September 2009

perfectionism and motherhood

It seems to have been ages since I last posted and must admit am finding this really hard.

It would be easier if I knew that people were reading my blog but at the moment I feel like I am just talking to myself (which actually I do a lot of), and it is quite a challenge to motivate yourself, to sit down and write a little on what interests you when no one is interested in hearing it. It seems a bit self indulgent if you know what I mean?

Anyway, pushing on.

(ten minutes later am still thinking what to say next!)

(no decent camera to fill space here)

(another hour later, have just watched Location, Location, Location (saved on video from last week)- which by the way is still one of my favourite programmes and one to which we once applied, but got nowhere, obviously we didn't have enough money!)

Soooooooo. . . . . . . . .

Today I returned to my local new wool shop for their weekly knit and natter, I really enjoy going and am starting to get to recognise the regulars. With a pot of tea and my round crochet cushion I was v. happy and, tah dah















and closer?


believe me the white inner cushion pad doesn't look so stark in the flesh!
This is my favourite cushion that I have made so far and I am now obsessed with making cushions. My next cushion project is hopefully to be a rectangular blanket appliqued cushion. The sewing machine needs oiling for that and of course I need to find a suitable blanket. I feel a thrifting session coming on!
Speaking of obsessions, I have quite a few and will let you know all very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment