Friday 2 October 2009

making tea on friday

Woohoo. Autumnwatch is back! And what a lovely programme it is. I do find it very uplifting and love, love, love the cosy sets with fires and candles and blankets. Oooooh, am sure I can see a crochet blanket on the back of the sofa.

AND, you may hate me for this, but I like it even more now that Bill Oddie has gone.

AND, even more, they had my favourite ever weather man on, the LOVELY Rob McElwee. Is it just me or isn't he just a LOVELY man? Such a gentle man in the real sense, Oh I love Rob McElwee please don't blame him for the misforecasted 'BBQ summer' Autumnwatch.

However, I do prefer Springwatch. It signifies the start. The start of the new year, the start of better weather, the start of dreaming about holidays and the start of new life.

Autumnwatch for me, as much as I used to love Autumn (it was my favourite season a few years ago) signifies the start of Winter, the start of a new year at school and the start of all the horrid bugs that sweep round schools in Autumn and Winter. I am not very good with illness (and that is an understatement) and with two young children who are building up their immune systems Winter is not something I relish. In fact, it even takes the shine off Christmas for me, which is SUCH a shame.

However, I can't stay away from Autumnwatch because deep down I remember how I used to love Autumn (and I now get the added benefit of the lovely Rob McElwee). I hope that that this Autumn and Winter we can all enjoy a happy healthy time (lets ignore Swine Flu).

Okay. So. Today I have had a happy day. I have been helping in school this afternoon and Fridays in school are happy times (I suppose like any Friday wherever you are really), the weekend is only hours away and Friday Fun Time finishes off the last hour. I can happily mount work, file, photocopy and laminate whilst I listen to happy children look forward to their weekends. It's lovely (have you noticed that lovely is my favourite word?) and makes me excited about my own weekend.

I came home and finished off my day with a lovely friend with a couple of glasses of wine and cooked a curry.

Yes, my day has been happy and again I feel lucky.

On another note, on a crochet note, I would like to show you my very first crochet project.

I started crocheting in January 2009 and I started with a granny squares blanket. We went on holiday, on my birthday, to a cottage in the Lake District. It was very cold but the cottage was absolutely gorgeous, it even had a working Aga which came in very handy for cold bottoms after long walks! Anyway, I started a blanket and the work was very slow. But, I caught the bug so to speak and got this far















and then my wool ran out (it is wool as well, the fab King Cole Merino Blend DK) and then I found out that I was using last seasons wool colours. And all that adds up to HARD TO FIND MORE TO FINISH IT OFF. For the last couple of months I have really been worrying about this because I love this blanket and I really want to finish it.

Yesterday I managed to get the wool to finish my blanket on the market! And that probably contributes to my good mood today. Also, now, I am much quicker at crocheting so hopefully I will be able to finish this blanket off by the time we next visit the lovely cottage (in January 2010) in the Lake District.















Must keep going with the squares!
Happy Autumn. x

1 comment:

  1. Hope the blanket goes well. Glad you had a happy day!

    ReplyDelete