Sunday 20 September 2009

writing poems















What a beautiful day. A perfect Autumn day. Wonder how long this will last?

It's a day for the garden, a day for the veggie patch and a day for the animals to have a run.






hello Laura!







For enjoying a hot chocolate and a chiminea fire















As I say a lovely day for the garden.

However, the veggie patch is looking a bit sorry for itself. On it's last legs so to say. Still, some things are hanging on, the courgettes;













the pumpkins are doing well (but don't think they will be ready for Halloween)














the rhubarb is looking magnificent (although we are not cutting and eating it now, I have had enough of stewed rhubarb this year)














but what a shame. My sprouts have been invaded by caterpillars. This has been quite a bug bear this year. When I first planted them out ( after lovingly raising them from seed) they really loved it. A few weeks later we spotted some caterpillars on them. Cue the search for the Bug Barn son got for his birthday so that we could catch them, aaarrr they are so cute, just babies. Fast forward on another couple of weeks and they were the bane of my life, unable to keep up with them (picking them off and flicking them over the fence works well when there are a few but then they have more babies, well hidden, and all of a sudden there are babies, kids, parents and grandparents living off my produce) I gave up about a week ago. My poor, poor sprouts are barren. Want to see?















and the culprits?













Oh they make me mad.
Anyway, the potatoes and shallots are all stored for winter as is the beetroot. Sweetcorn wasn't much use this year.
Am wondering what to put in now, any ideas? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment