Monday 20 February 2012

zip wires and mini waffles

The end of another holiday.  Another holiday where we really have been busy doing nothing and busy trying to Not Spend A Lot.

Not Spend A Lot is our motto at the moment.  Not Spend A Lot is a sign of the times.  Not Spend A Lot is the result of husband losing job at a time that really was rather unexpected.

I'm trying to stay positive.  Things happen for a reason don't they?  I mean in five weeks time when the last pay slip comes through the door husband may have another job lined up.  Life is rather on hold at the moment, waiting for things to happen, waiting, waiting, waiting for a new day to bring new hope.

Of course the most important thing is that we all love each other very much.  We will always be a family.

Cross your fingers for us.

In five weeks time we may need to move in with the in-laws.  Poor them.

On the crafty front I'm still on with the Marigold Sweater from Interweave Knits.  Back done, left front work in progress.  A very enjoyable knit so far.  Unfortunately the finishing off requires me to do the dreaded picking up of stitches for the border.  I always think its a very messy way to finish off, or is that just me?  Probably.  Definitely.  HeHe!

Today I wore a knit that I made a few years ago.  Have only worn it once previously.  It is one of the rare items that I will actually wear.  I always start off by knitting ' the next most wearable item' and finish with 'an item that sits in the wardrobe waiting to be worn'.  It's rather disappointing really but have come to accept it as a fact of my life.  Everything I knit for the kids seems to have the same problem attached too.  Made my two girls matching cardigans for youngests Baptism.  Needless to say they have only been worn the once.


And finally am loving on Pinterest


Little milk bottles of pink milk :))


A must to copy.

Happy Monday
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment