Saturday 11 February 2012

incessant chatter

 Having completed lots of itty bitty quick and super satisfying projects recently I had the urge earlier in the week to start something a bit more challenging. Well challenging for me, the intermediate knitter.

 The silver spider recently made a beautiful 40's inspired cardigan from Interweave Knits. I couldnt help but copy.


And of course, in these economic times I am 'knitting from stash'.  Cannot justify buying the yarn needed for this cardigan.  Although I REALLY REALLY want to knit it in orange or yellow.


Turqouise it is.  Yarn bought in a charity shop not so long ago.  £3.50 for 8 balls. Bargain.  Except I have no idea what it is.  The ball band is blank.  No washing instructions, no yarn content, not even any idea whether its DK, 4 ply or aran (although I'm not that silly, think its DK).

It is such a lovely knit.  An easy pattern to follow, just over 4 rows, but varied enough to keep you interested.

On the controlled crying front we are persevering.  Had two fantastic nights (Tuesday and Wednesday) followed by two trying nights (Thursday and Friday).  I only wonder what tonight will bring.  The big two are sleeping out tonight to make sure that they at least get a decent night. I am left here with a coughing husband and crying baby.

I smile to myself, I am, trials aside, a happy mummy.












ps. loving Kirstys new bedlinen.  Serious case of the wanties.

Happy Weekend xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment