Tuesday 7 February 2012

I didn't hear the milkman at 5am.

 I didn't hear the paperboy at 6am, trundling past with his shopping trolley full of today's news.

 For the past year I have heard these early morning sounds every morning, without fail. They are lovely sounds, heralding the start of a new day much like the bird chorus, but I must say I have recently found myself wishing I was still in the land of nod.

 And so it was bliss to be woken this morning at 6.30am after a full near 6 hours sleep.

 There is much to be said for controlled crying. It is the VERY last resort. Just a quick google and you can see how contentious the matter is. But after trying everything else (The No Cry Sleep Solution etc etc) I, sorry, we, decided to give it a go. It breaks my heart but my health is suffering now and we really just can't carry on with such little/no sleep. It is a form of torture after all.


I really hope that we have made a slight breakthrough.  I felt like a new woman this morning and full of hope that things may now change.  I can begin my life again without feeling like I am living in a dream world all the time.  Feeling guilty that none of my children are receiving 'enough of me' because I am so dog tired.

Hope it wasn't a 'one - off'!!

ps.  thank you for my two lovely comments about my valentines cushion.  and the winner is . . . . . . .  . . . .







madness and mayhem!  will contact you via your blog to arrange delivery. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow thank you.xxx need to know your got 6 hours.I would kill for 6 hours sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddie,
    Thank you for your kind comment. We had to do controlled crying with Joshy, it broke our hearts too but bedtime got so bad, he would even be sick a couple times each night, in the end the health visitor told us to it. you need your sleep too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s good luck and hang in there, fliss xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fliss. We had two good nights then two bad. Still persevering though. Hope tonights a good night. :)

    ReplyDelete