Sunday 7 February 2010

looking after the past for the future

Hello. Just a quick post on a dull Sunday afternoon.

We have just returned back from a weekend visiting my parents in West Berkshire (and yes, of course I forgot my camera).

I always forget how much I like going back to this part of the country because all I think about is the loooong journey with two young children. We used to live and work in the area and my daughter was born close by in the neighbouring county of Hampshire. Anyway, I have lots of happy memories of our time there and, although it was a flying visit this time around, I always enjoy the change of scenery.

The car boot was inevitably fuller on the return journey, I did manage a few charity shops!

Another blanket, unfortunately not my favorite Witney but v. good Merino wool and I think it is kingsize!

In washer as we speak


















and some new pots (have no idea where to put them, the dresser is starting to look overloaded, even in my eyes)



















My tin collection has another new friend (just couldn't resist and it is useful as well)
















Anyway, home again, Grandma has done homework and hairwashing so all that remains to be done are a few washer loads, a quick tea and sort out uniforms and bags for the last week at school before half term. Then I can start on the final bit of my year long blanket (that is one good thing about long car journeys, the blanket is now fully joined), and flick through the new 'Joules Early Spring Catazine' (their words not mine!)
















Its starting to look more blankety, I can even fold it up!
















Love these wellies - shame about the price, won't be getting them in a hurry.

















see you soon, enjoy the last of your weekend.
xx

ps. thank you to follower number two! this gets even more addictive when someone is reading, and thanks for the lovely comments people have left (can't believe I can finally say that, I have comments!!!! Wowee)

pps. just thought I would let you know that blog header photo shows some of my inherited collection of sewing goods from my Grandma. These beautiful items came in the chest I inherited and I will show you very soon!

1 comment: