Tuesday 2 February 2010

baby bunnies and getting the snip

Another week has passed. January has ended and February begins. I feel like the weeks are trundling along in a blur of grey. The weather is so dull and does not do much to inspire me into blog writing.
I have a new camera, did I tell you? It was a present from my husband for Christmas, a total surprise and shows that he actually does read AND pay attention to my ramblings.

So, today I decided to put it to good use, use it for what it is intended and take some pictures. Of course, I couldnt have picked a worse drab day (bring on the snow tomorrow I say, at least it is pretty).

But here goes. . . . . .
My latest craze for Ebay shows no signs of abating. It is very addictive, getting down to the last few minutes, cursing the person who trys to outbid you and clapping with glee when you beat them by 50p! With birthday money from my Gran I decided I would bid on an eiderdown. In actual fact I bid on two, well you never know, one or the other might be won.

I won both! The first by the skin of my teeth;















the second was a happy surprise, and a lot cheaper!





























Both are completely beautiful and a welcome addition to my new bed.

Of course, since then have been bidding like craaaaaazy, and fortunately most items have been outbid. In some way my mind seems to short circuit when I see PLACE BID and I forget that I actually will need to pay for it if I win it.

Speaking of my latest craze it made me take a good look at what else I seem to crave (of course this is aside from the usuals that you know about, the vintage sheets, pillowcases and tablecloths, the lovely old china and the blankets and eiderdowns). My immediate answer, just looking around my house, is tin.

Now I know that seems rather odd but just wait. . .





























Is it just me or are they just beautiful? I would love to run through the history of them all because they all have a tale as to how they got here but fear I would bore you too much (oooh, can't resist a few, 1950's tin, actually quite hidden in these photos was my Grans, Emma B square tins were a present on our 10th wedding anniversary, Cath K sewing tin was an Xmas pressie from my brother and sister in law and the Coronation vintage tin at the front was spotted in a charity shop by a friend for me). sorry!

Which reminds me, thrifting and charity shops, you have to be very lucky these days but I have been very lucky over the past few weeks.

I found two vintage Witney blankets in one shop for 99p each. YES, 99p each, I really couldnt contain my excitement (how sad is that).














The above said on the tag 'dog blanket', pardon, DOG BLANKET???, how posh are their dogs, these go for a lot more than 99p on Ebay and are too much of a treasure to shove under my dogs bottom (excuse the language).














the top pink cellular, also 99p is a lovely colour and has yet found no home.
On the 'making' front I am still busy with my year long crochet blanket but I am getting there and have started a shruggy sort of cowly scarf, no other way to describe it. I will show you very soon.
In the meantime, Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment