Wednesday 10 February 2010

local no news

what I am doing today;
cleaning, knit and knattering and having friends for tea

Phew. Today has been a long day.

And I am absolutely shattered.

A few hours in the local knitting shop was bliss and have excitingly (no, am sure thats not a real word) cast on a new project.

Yet another cardigan that I will never wear!
The yarn is very new to me. Very scary in fact. Not only is it acrylic but it is variegated. I normally have palpitations looking at this sort of yarn but I am being adventurous!

And actually, ten rows in, it is quite nice wondering when I will discover the next colour in the yarn.

















It's sooo not me. Definitely not one of my 'yummy' pictures. Or you may disagree?

Why did I choose it? Heaven knows, but a change is as good as a rest isn't it?

Have I told you about our baby bunnies?

We have three, they are 8 weeks old now and quite big. Two have new homes to go to but the other is staying. It has spinal damage, goodness knows how long it will live it is a bag of bones. However, it has the nicest nature of the three and is the one that my daughter wanted to keep all along. How bittersweet is fate.

Meet Mildred, one of our six rabbits, the runt but everyones favorite;
and now one eye has closed up. Looks like its the vets for me again tomorrow.
Take care
x

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had babies. The bunny may surprise you. I hope so she is very sweet! Can't believe you bought that acrylic. Have I taught you nothing:) What sweater pattern are you knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same situation with our cat.When she was born the vet told us she had brain damage and spinal damage and that she would never make it.She was the one the girls had fallen in love with so i couldnt have her put to sleep.We gave her a chance and she is 8 now.A bit dizzy and bumps into things,a few more vet trips than the other cats but well worth it.Hope your bunny is ok.soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete