Thursday 4 February 2010

creative writing

Wow. We have had more snow here. Fat heavy snowflakes fell for three hours and I was quite excited. Unfortunately it all seems to be melting today, I had high hopes for more school closures and days sledging but don't think that will happen again this winter.

My year long crochet blanket is getting nearer and nearer to completion but am finding the square joining rather tedious.































There are two hundred and twenty four squares altogether and although I have thoroughly enjoyed making it I am anxious now to get it finished, why is it that the last leg of a project is always the longest?

Other WIP's include the 'shruggy thing' I mentioned the other day;















I will wear it as in the last picture below;
















Cowls seem to be a favorite of mine at the moment, quick and easy projects, I completed Maggi Knits Triangle Cowl a while ago and it is so lovely and cosy for winter but rather bulky!


















Must dash, see you soon.
x

2 comments:

  1. The Blanket is beautiful!!! I feel inspirted to get mine back out. like the shruggy thing too. Curious to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo that tin of pins in your title photo brings back many a happy memory

    ReplyDelete