Saturday 21 November 2009

spots, stripes and silly shoes

Yes I love fellow bloggers (to a point) and yes I know I am yet to have a following (must blog more) but am sorry, sometimes the mutual love makes me just uuurrrrgggghhhh. Isn't everyone just copying each other? Am getting a bit sick of 'donna love', 'lucy love', 'I'm so fabulous self love'.

Is is just me or is all this 'look at my stash stuff' just a bit rubbing your face in it. Who in this current climate has such a fantastic stash of fabric (vintage no less) and enjoys cutting up fabulous old blankets? It is seriously beyond me.

Sorry. Know that I sound quite Victor Meldrew but this 'stuff' really annoys me and is just more hype about perfection making us lesser mere mortals feel inadequate. Which reminds me, must show you soon all my WIP's.

Cross, cross, cross! Sorry but if we are to revive the make do and mend mentality we cannot promote the spending mentality of the past ten years. Look in your loft for fabric, look in your Grandmas loft, look in your next door neighbours loft, look anywhere but in your pocket for money. If you look you will find not only a quarter of fabric at a price but a whole sheet for free (and please dont cut it up if its in good condition!)

No comments:

Post a Comment