Saturday 7 November 2009

hospital appointments

Don't you think it is so satisfying to have a good clear out?

Especially when your loft is so full of **** even the local council assessor acknowledges that you don't need any more insulation, 'we couldn't do any better than that'.

I am not kidding, he went up there with a torch and then made a hasty retreat!

So, as you may have gathered, today we started on the loft. I really enjoyed it, children vacated the premises and we could really crack on. Got rid of loads of 'stuff' - to charity and tip - and I am even reusing and refinding bits myself (in fact as I sit here I am wearing a dressing gown that I got on my 15th BD!!!) and, even better, I have a jumper drying that is 18 years old and I will wear it as soon as it is dry.

As you may have gathered I am a bit of a hoarder. However, in these hard times I am feeling quite the recessionista. I love visiting charity shops and finding new/old treasures. BUT! HA! I can visit my very own loft and do just this, and it's free! AND it will take months to get through that lot. It is actually very exciting. What else will I find? Watch this space (tomorrow will try to remember to take pictures).

On another high note, bought a tea set in charity shop for £3 - included 8 cups, saucers and side plates - checked on China Search and a cup alone is selling for £12! What a find, and no, am not selling it on Ebay husband.

Speak soon
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment