Wednesday 25 November 2009

discombobulated

Hello.
Isn't the weather awfully depressing. We are lucky because we live high up and don't have the risk of flooding but still, not being able to get out into the garden or for a walk seriously makes me feel hemmed in. Last weekend was one of those times, all we really managed was homework and a trip to Waterstones.

I did buy a book though (long time since I have, actually the last books I bought were the Twilight books) called Last Christmas. I suppose the fact that my favourite Christmas song is Wham's Last Christmas was the reason for the purchase also I thought that it would be nice to have an advent book, sort of instead of a calendar. So, I decided that I would start this book on 1st December. HA HA HA. Couldn't resist, started it today.

Anyway, have only just started chapter two but already it's making me laugh. One of the women in it writes a blog and has been catapulted to stardom as the 'Happy Homemaker'. I love books like this, the happy homemakers 'front' that she has accidentally created, the chaos of the reality of her homelife. It is exactly why I started my blog, to share my haphazard, non perfect but trying ever so hard crafting, homemaking life. Trying to be truthful in a world where only perfection will do.

Of course sometimes things go well and naturally it's nice to share these moments on your blog and there are beautiful (in your own eyes) areas in your home that you want to share.

Shall I share some of mine with you?















My collection of oddments of china sourced from parents, grandparents, charity shops and car boot sales.















My knitting needle collection















My granny blanket that is oh so nearly there















My beautiful new bed, still loving it!


Shall we share the bad too?














The new curtains that I couldn't wait to put up, obviously not working - do you see the big gap? - cosy huh?














The 'other' curtain, as always I do one and not the other, can never complete a job especially when am disappointed with it's 'other half'.
and the ever increasing pile of treasures, bought, homemade and thrifted that no one is allowed to use
Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg. Do you think I would be so stupid as to show you the ugly?
That is for me to hide! Which brings me back around to the start, does everyone in blog land do this? Show the good, admit to the bad but hide the ugly? Am sure they do, absolutely. Surely no one can be perfect, only be confident enough to think they are?
Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment