Saturday 21 January 2012

numpty

The Pillow Books, as I have decided to call them, have been made and are already proving to be a hit. Am finding myself hoping the novelty wears off soon and the messages become a bit more 'spaced'!





Before I show ours I must give credit to http://www.tipgarden.blogspot.com/ for giving me the idea.

























The basic idea with these books is that they are a notebook you share with your child, a secret notebook where you can each write down messages or feelings to each other, about anything at all, even if they are having troubles and need to talk.


Start by writing your child a note and leave it on her pillow. Your child then holds onto the notebook for as long as s/he wants and when s/he wants to leave you a note s/he writes something and sneaks the notebook onto your pillow. This doesnt need to be on a regular or set schedule but it may be helpful to grab the notebook back if its been a while!


A beautiful idea I'm sure you'll agree.


Ours are off to a flying start.


Happy Weekend.

1 comment: