Monday 19 April 2010

the eternal spot

Not a lot of craft has been going on recently.



Not a lot of blogging has been going on recently.



The holidays have stretched out and time has flown by.



I have never mentioned before that we have our own little caravan. A rather old little touring caravan.



It is tired and in need of some love and we havn't used the poor thing for nearly a year (husband resents the amount we pay for storage and wants to sell it) so I decided that we would make our usual trip to our favourite Harrogate farm this weekend and play house (it really is like that in a tourer, like a grown up Wendy house).


(picture above is from about five years ago, probably our first trip to this farm)

Anyway, having collected said caravan on Thursday, husband cleaned the outside and I had big plans to clean the inside on Friday.

Ha Ha, no you don't. I felt really ill on Friday, headache bordering on migrane and felt like I was going to pass out at any minute. I felt really guilty as husband tried his best to spring clean the interior, determined that we would enjoy our last weekend of the holidays.


I managed to get up at 1.30pm and from my bed directed the kids on what they needed to pack, 'two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, one vest - bring them to me' - you get how it went. Bless them.


We got there, and the weather was glorious, the location is glorious. I was feeling better. All I needed was a good nights sleep.


Ha Ha, no you don't. 9.30pm Billy Flint was sick EVERYWHERE. On his new sleeping bag, on his pyjamas, on his hands, on his legs, I had no sick bowl, he was in a BUNK BED for goodness sake we couldn't even move him. The best I could do was to supply lots of kitchen roll. Nasty.


Trapped in a tin box with no hot water, no Dettol and no space is a nightmare for someone like me who has to immediately disinfect the whole house once someone is sick. Can you feel my panic?


Cue quick pack up, throw everything in the car, turn off the gas and electric and LEAVE (luckily we know the owner of the site well so knew that she wouldn't mind if we left the van there for a month if need be).


Following morning, kids want to return. Harrogate is not far so we could manage a happy Saturday night, couldn't we?


Ha, Ha, of course not. We forgot to take the keys back with us. And I am ashamed to say we were that xxxxed off by then that we broke in to our own caravan, via the window and a BBQ fork.


Then the battery went flat at dusk so we had no lights or water.


And I am thinking 'if last night was bad with Billy Flint at least we had water and light. If it's a bug and Tilly Mint gets it tonight all we have is a wind up torch'.


I even missed the big car boot sale that I frequent everytime we visit Harrogate. Bummer.


Getting home was rather sweet (I could freely wash my hands)!


Not sure how I feel about going back next weekend to collect the van. Think it is doomed. No only joking, think it needs a jolly good service and think we just need better luck next time!


Please cross your fingers for us. Don't know if I can cope with that again.

2 comments:

  1. Im sure you will laugh about it later!!!Sorry it all went so wrong.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a saga and a half. Glad you are all in one piece even if you have taken up breaking and entering!

    ReplyDelete