Tuesday 16 March 2010

the pile deepens

How quickly time flies (when you're not having fun). It seems ages since I last blogged.

So here is another fly by night post, one without photos, sorry.

Mother's Day weekend was lovely, mainly because we managed to get out in the garden and I pegged my washing out for the first time this year! It made me really happy seeing washing drying on the line. It is amazing how a bit of sun, a couple of Primulas (pink and orange, my favorite colour combination at the moment) and a spot of weeding can really lift the soul after a crappy week.

The other thing lifting my soul at the moment is my new toy. Now, I'm not one for technology. Have only just recently got to grips with the computer. But I have fallen for my new phone.

It has been a tumultuous affair so far, could have so easily gone very wrong. But, after 50 minutes on the (home) phone to a lovely man at Orange I finally got to grips with my iphone on Saturday evening.

And ever since then I've been addicted. I have even been 'playing' with iphone instead of knitting (and variegated cardigan only needs her ends tying in then she's done). Looking for new free 'apps' to install (300 new every day apparently), getting excited when I realise I don't even need my ipod anymore!

This may all sound very sad but I'm not sorry. A vintage homebody at heart I still need to embrace all things modern.

If you have one, by the way, install fun mirror lite for free. It is absolutely hilarious, I was in tears tonight (in a good way). If you have a rather childish sense of humour you will totally split your sides.

It's always good to have a laugh.

Keep smiling.
x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I shall look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete